You should advertise where people will actually be looking for job opportunities:
- Online job sites (mauritiusjobs.mu, myjob.mu etc)
- Classified sites such as classifieds.orange.mu, www.lexpressclassifieds.mu etc
- Facebook groups
If you're not getting the talent you're looking for, then maybe you are not offering much to job seekers. Perhaps you could:
- Increase the salary
- Provide more holiday entitlement
- Add more benefits such as private medical care, gym passes
- Have more incentives such as bonus for achieving goals
To get the right candidate for a job is a skill in itself. It takes a lot of experience to weed out the not-so-good from the great.
As this is your own business, you may also have high expectations but you should note people do not generally have the same interest in the welfare of your business as you have. For them it's just a job to pay the bills. You need to show them the reason to care about it like you do; that could be because your business will benefit the greater community or because the employee will receive some sort of reward for his efforts (eg more money, an incomparable work experience?).
Speak to friends/family and try to get recommendations from them too.